With the plethora of electronic products available in the market right now, it is becoming harder and harder for developers to keep the product designs fresh. Due to the product overload and high production capacities of huge markets like China, Japan, USA and UK, the electronics market is flourishing with products and its becoming harder for designers and big brands to break through the clutter. However, it has become hard, but not impossible! This is why we discuss below the strategies that can help budding designers to create an electronic design and prototype which stand out and have much higher probability of going into production. So read the key to innovative electronic designs below:
- The first thing to consider when starting off with an electronic design is the associated costs, the root of the idea, the purpose the product will serve and the durability of the product. Once the designer is clear on these multiple dimensions, then the vision for the product becomes clearer! And, as with all things great, it is important to have a clear vision for your electronic designs and prototypes. This will enable the designers to reevaluate their capabilities and see if outside help is needed or if this can be done in-house.
- It is always a great idea to spend at least a fortnight playing around with different ideas on a sketch board and tweaking different elements of the design to see which dimension works best in the over all product. This phase of the electronic design and prototype should not be rushed and different people with different skill sets should be approached to see if they have something valuable to add. Different engineers have different skill sets and not a single person has the required knowledge to design all the components of the product! So at this stage, the more, the merrier!
Note: It is not necessary to listen to everyone, but sometimes peoples’ advice might benefit the final design and make it more cohesive. Therefore, brain storm with a crowd and then simmer down the idea to the final design.
- It is also critical that as a designer, you understand each and every component of the electronic design and prototype and not be dependent on other people’s expertise! It depends on the designer to carry the idea to completion, therefore, the designer should know the product design components inside out so that proper and effective assistance can be sought when needed! Therefore, remember to be a guru when it come to knowing your product, it is YOUR design after all!
- Next comes the system block diagram! In this step, design your pre-design as well so that its easier to map the progress and each component can be charted out effectively! This will help when sourcing components for the product in the prototype phase.
- Ensure that the schematic is as comprehensive as possible! The more you are able to expand on it, the better you will be able to estimate the associated costs and resources required. Diptrace is an excellent schematic designer which will help you for sure!
Start out your electronic design this way, and rest assured that it will lead to something grand and innovative!
Giltronics Associates’ design team is at the fore front in providing Electronics Manufacturing of Virtual Reality and Robotics Technology Manufacturing. Giltronics Associates’ design is actively seeking to partner up on new and existing projects to cut help design & manufacturing cost in Electronics Manufacturing design, prototypes. Their engineering team can design in new cost cutting materials and enhance the electronics to overcome your competitors. Contact Giltronics Associates today!